Before sending the files please ensure you have done the following:
- CHECK SCALE IS CORRECT FOR LASER CUTTING
- FILE MEASUREMENTS IN MM
- UNGROUPED ALL OBJECTS
- CLEANED UP FILE
- CHECK THICKNESS OF PARTS
- Anything less than the material thickness or 1.5mm(whichever is greater) cannot be guaranteed to stay together
- CHECKED FOR DOUBLE/OVERLAPPING LINES
- (No shared lines on shapes)
- CONVERTED TEXT TO VECTORS
- ENSURED ALL OBJECTS ARE OUTLINES WITH NO INFILL
- INCLUDED A KEY TO COLOURS
- (One colours for full cut, one for outline engrave, one for infill engrave)
- ALL SHEETS IN ONE FILE, LAID OUT AS PER MATERIAL SIZES AND LABELLED CLEARLY WITH MATERIAL, THICKNESS AND COLOUR
- ENSURE SUITABLE MARGIN AROUND EDGE OF FILE – DO NOT USE EDGE OF MATERIAL WITHIN DESIGNS
- (at least 5mm around the edge, ie: on 600x900mm sheet material: maximum cutting 590x890mm)
- SAVED PREFERABLY IN .ai Adobe Illustrator CS6 or earlier, or dxf 2000 or earlier FILE FORMAT
- NAMED THE FILE IN THE FOLLOWING FORMAT: FirstNameSecondName_Thickness&Material_SheetSize(IfRequired)_Date/Filename
Format for Saving Files:
From Adobe Illustrator: Save as .ai format – CS5 or earlier
From AutoCad: Save as .dxf 2000 or earlier
From other vector programs (ie:Inkscape): Save as a .dxf 2000, .pdf or .ai. (If there are none of the above, contact us directly and we will try and help you out.)
Send us your file
Once the file is complete and you have checked everything above, email your files over to us: firstname.lastname@example.org, ensuring you provide us with the following information:
- Your Full Name
- Whether you are a student (we offer 25% student discount, but only with a valid student ID, or email from a student email account)
- What material, thickness and how many sheets you require
- Whether you are providing the material or using our stock
- Collection or delivery? – we can offer affordable postage all over the UK and abroad if required.
- Deadlines – we usually work to a 24-36 hour turn around, although this may be slightly longer during very busy times of year, if you need it fast let us know as soon as possible.
With all of the information above, we will be able to provide you with an accurate price, we usually do this within a couple of hours and when we will be able to get it complete for.
We’ll need you to send a written email confirmation in response to the outlined quote you received before we will start cutting anything – the quicker you confirm, the earlier we will be able to get started. We can’t confirm quote’s over the the phone as we legally need to have something in writing. Do bare in mind that once a written email confirmation has been sent and received the confirmation is bound in a legal contract.