Before sending the files via email please ensure you have done the following
- Check scale is correct for CNC Cutting
- File measurements in mm
- Distance between Parts: Ensure at least 15mm between each cut part.
- Ensure suitable 20 mm margin around edge of file – do not use edge of material within designs – on half sheets: all cutting within 1180x1180mm, on full sheet: all cutting within 1180x2400mm
- Check thickness of parts
- anything less than the material thickness or 12mm(whichever is greater) cannot be guaranteed to stay together
- Checked for double/overlapping lines
- No shared lines on shapes
- Ensured all objects are outlines with no infill
- Included a key to colours
- For Example – all full cut in one colour, different depths of engraving on different colours and provide us with a key for cutting in text in the file: ie: Red-Full Cut, Blue-Area Clearance 3mm Depth, Green-Area Clearance 5mm Depth, etc.
- All sheets in one file, laid out as per material sizes and labelled clearly with material and thicknesses
Format for Saving and Sending Files
- Named the file in the following format
- From Adobe Illustrator: Save as .ai format – CS6 or earlier
- From AutoCad: Save as DXF 2010 or earlier
- From other vector programs (ie:Inkscape): Save as a DXF 2000, .pdf or .ai. (If there are none of the above, contact us directly and we will try and help you out.)
We need all files to be sent to us via email to email@example.com . In the email please provide us with the following information:
- Your Full Name
- Whether you are a student (we offer 25% student discount on machine time, with a valid student ID, or email from a student email account)
- What material, thickness and how many sheets you require
- Whether you are providing the material or using our stock
- Collection or delivery? – We post worldwide but collection is the quickest option if you are based in Glasgow.
- Deadlines – if you need it fast let us know as soon as possible.