Work for Flux
JOB TITLE: Studio Technician
LOCATION: Central Glasgow
HOURS: 5 days per week Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm
RATE OF PAY: Dependent on Experience (expected minimum is Real Living Wage)
CLOSING DATE: Midnight- Fri 25th June 2021
HOW TO APPLY
If you are having trouble completing the form through Google, drop us an email and we can provide you with an email form to complete – firstname.lastname@example.org .
Interviews expected to take place week beginning Monday 5th of July.
HOURS & PAY
Hours are set at 5 days per week from Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
There will be an initial 1 month (paid) mutual trial period.
Rate of pay will be dependent on experience, and this will be discussed and confirmed after the review at the end of the trial.
Expected – Real Living Wage
OUTLINE OF THE COMPANY
Opened in 2012, Flux Laser & CNC Studio has grown from a one machine operation to a multi machine digital fabrication studio for creatives. With a huge range of clients from students through to large commercial and professional organisations Flux has become one of Scotland’s leading digital fabricators.
OUTLINE OF THE JOB
At this exciting stage in our development a position has become available for a CNC Studio Technician.
The role requires a self-motivated individual who can assist with all aspects of running our busy studio, with a focus on the running of CNC Routering Jobs. The post involves a whole host of diverse tasks –from the initial enquiries customer service and general administration, alongside digital file preparation and machining, through to the finishing and packaging of products. The ideal candidate will have a creative background with experience/interest in design/fine art/architecture, be an excellent communicator and possess technical ability, both manual and digital.
Working alongside Flux’s director, Alice Jacobs, and our studio assistant, Hayley, the CNC technician will ensure that the company retains its’ reputation for quick turnaround, high quality of finish and professional service.
Flux is continuing to grow as a company, and we hope the right candidate in this role can help with this growth, taking on responsibility and developing their skill range.
– Processing cutting jobs on CNC Router
– Processing cutting jobs on Laser & Vinyl Machines
– Observe jobs in progress on the machines
– Handling, inspecting, finishing and packaging finished cut materials to ensure high quality of finish.
– Preparation of vector files and materials for cutting.
– Preparation of quotes and issuing of invoices and taking payment from clients.
– Overseeing day-to-day running of the studio – maintaining stock levels, basic machine maintenance, tidying, – receiving and organising deliveries etc.
– Ensuring adherence to Health and Safety Standards (inc PPE)
– Dealing with client enquiries by email and telephone.
– Managing reception as and when required.
– General administration – dealing with client enquiries by email and telephone.
– Any other tasks deemed necessary by company director.
– Ability to work efficiently, with precision and attention to detail especially whilst multiple jobs and projects run concurrently.
– Excellent personal and communication skills – written and verbal, to preserve the company’s reputation of providing a professional and friendly service.
– High level of computer literacy and knowledge of Adobe Illustrator or AutoCad.
– Woodworking skills and confidence with hand and power tools would be beneficial
– A candidate who is able to demonstrate loyalty and initiative.
– Excellent organisational and multi-tasking skills.
Please note: Laser and CNC experience is not necessary, but knowledge of the basics of the process would be useful. Training on the job will be provided.